Service to Children Awards
They’re often the unsung heroes of our community, but each spring we sing their praises. The Service to Children Awards is an opportunity to recognize individuals and community groups whose efforts have significantly helped protect children and strengthen families.
The 2015 Service to Children Awards celebration will be held on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm at the Grand Rapids Downtown Market.
2015 Service to Children Award Recipients
- Booker T. Washington Volunteer Award: Maggie Lancaster, Volunteer at Grand Rapids’ Children’s Museum, Make A Wish Foundation, and various other children-focused organizations
- Christine Nelson Professional Award: Sue Garza, Library Director at Grandville Avenue Arts & Humanities
- Lifetime Child Advocate Award: Jean Silbar, Executive Director at Comprehensive Therapy Center
- Community Group Professional Award: The Bridge of Arbor Circle, a safe shelter program for youth who are facing homelessness or considering running away
- Silent Champion: Lisa Butler, Director of Center for Health and Wellness at Grand Rapids Urban League
There are people and groups making our community great — one where children can thrive. Help us recognize them and make this celebration possible as a Service to Children Awards sponsor.
Presenting Sponsor (one available)- $3,000
Announcement in local media outlets with press release • Presentation at podium for opening of ceremony • Tickets for 8 representatives • Recognition in all pre- and post-event materials including press release, over 2,000 invitations, etc. • Logo/link on website • Logo in event program, signage and screen display • Verbal recognition at event • Recognition in newsletter and annual report
Celebrating Children Premier Sponsor (one available)- $1,000
Tickets for 6 representatives • Recognition in all pre- and post-event materials • Logo/link on website • Logo in event program, signage and screen display • Verbal recognition at event • Recognition in newsletter and annual report
Award Champion (five available)- $500
Tickets for 4 representatives • Logo featured on screen during presentation • Recognition in all pre- and post-event materials • Logo in event program • Logo/link on website • Recognition in newsletter and annual report
Partner in Celebration- $250
Tickets for 2 representatives • Logo in event program • Recognition on table at event
In-Kind Sponsor (food, beverage, printed materials, etc.)
Name in event program • Recognition on table with provided item(s)
Please contact Jenine Prus for more information on sponsorship opportunities.