Service to Children Awards
2017 Service to Children Awards
They’re often the unsung heroes of our community, but each spring we sing their praises. The Service to Children Awards is an opportunity to recognize individuals and community groups whose efforts have significantly impacted the lives of children and families.
The 2017 Service to Children Awards celebration will be held in April and nominations will be accepted beginning in January. More information coming soon!
2016 Service to Children Award Recipients
- Booker T. Washington Volunteer Award: Dan DeVries, Volunteer at Equest Center for Therapeutic Riding
- Christine Nelson Professional Award: Lori “Maranda” Cook, WOTV4 Women, Kids, and Family Expert
- Community Group Professional Award: West Michigan Center For Arts and Technology (WMCAT)
- Rising Star Award: Amanda Winn, Founder and Executive Director of Children’s Healing Center
- Lifetime Child Advocate Award: Joan Dyer-Zyskowski, Public Health Program Supervisor at Kent County Health Department
There are people and groups making our community great — one where children can thrive. Help us recognize them and make this celebration possible as a Service to Children Awards sponsor. Contact us today for more information on sponsorship opportunities.