Who We Are
Our mission reflects our passion: to shape a community in which all children can reach their full potential. It’s ambitious but the need is real.
It is common for parents and families to struggle, to feel isolated, to feel uncertain, and to feel disconnected. We often refer to our work as ‘connecting the dots’ between parents, children, and community. Those connections are made through education, support, partnering with community resources, and using research to develop effective and innovative solutions.
The Connections program provides parenting strength and grows confidence.
- Recognizing and supporting appropriate developmental milestones for children.
- Learning how to play, interact, and nurture the parent-child bond.
- Accessing additional resources if developmental challenges are identified.
The Healthy Families program provides assistance if a family experiences challenges that represent high risk for their children.
- Personal in-home coaching
- Education ensuring the child is provided a healthy and safe home environment.
Community Education/Mandated Reporter Training provides knowledge to keep children safe by recognizing signs of abuse and neglect, and make people aware of how to report these cases.
This training covers:
- The Child Protection Law
- Responsibilities of mandated reporters
- Indicators of child abuse/neglect
- What to do when a child discloses abuse/neglect
- Role of Child Protective Services
Our programs and services continue to evolve in serving the needs of parents and children. While we focus on prevention, we are broadening our scope to include the impact trauma and toxic stress have on the lives of children and families throughout our community. As we move forward, we will be fully engaged in integrating a trauma-informed approach in all our programs, providing social-emotional screening for children served through our programs and building resiliency while supporting those affected.